Versions used: Sitecore Experience Platform 9.2 Initial Release. Content Hub 3.2
Sitecore Connect™ for Sitecore DAM gives users the ability to insert Content Hub assets from Sitecore Content Management. It works on any Sitecore image and RTE field types; in both Content and Experience editors. To achieve this, the connector adds new buttons that invoke and display content hub on an iframe.
The connector will display the page set in Sitecore (explained below). Content Hub 3.2 comes with 2 pre-configured pages that can be found under: Admin -> Pages -> Sitecore Plugin. Here you can amend the pages as you find suitable or modify the search component configuration. I haven’t tried yet but you might be able to create a custom page to use instead of the default ones.
The connector requires configuration in both systems (Content Hub and Sitecore CM instance) to work properly:
- To allow a Sitecore instance to access content hub, you must add a CORS configuration entry with your Sitecore CM instance URL.
- Navigate to: Manage -> Settings -> PortalConfiguration -> CORSConfiguration or go to URL http://CONTENT_HUB_URL/en-us/admin/settingmanagement?setting=CORSConfiguration&settingId=8748
- Enter your CM instance URL (e.g. http://sc92.dev.local) and click Save.
Then, update your SSO services entries to passive mode and add an
ExternalRedirectKeyselement with your Sitecore CM instance URL.
- Navigate to: Manage -> Settings -> PortalConfiguration -> Authentication or go to URL http://CONTENT_HUB_URL//en-us/admin/settingmanagement?setting=Authentication&settingId=525
- Find the element
Passiveon every provider present.
Tip: I find text mode (dropdown at the top) is best to edit json configuration in content hub.
Add a new element at the bottom of the document that looks like:
Here’s an example of how these 2 elements should look:
"$type": "Stylelabs.M.Portal.Authentication.SamlAuthenticationProviderConfigurator, Stylelabs.M.Portal",
Now that Content Hub has been configured to allow connections from the Sitecore instance, you are ready to install and configure the connector:
- Download Sitecore Connect™ for Sitecore DAM 2.0.0 from sitecore website.
- Install the package on your CM server via Sitecore package installer.
- When prompted for an existing item, select overwrite -the package will create new buttons.
- Configure connector to point to your Content Hub instance.
- Navigate to item
- Populate the fields as follows:
DAMInstanceThe root URL to your Content Hub instance (e.g. https://MY_CONTENT_HUB.com)
SearchPageThis will be the Content Hub page displayed in Sitecore. By default, it should be: https://MY_CONTENT_HUB.com/en-us/sitecore-plugin/approved-assets
ExternalRedirectKeyThis matches the entry on element
ExternalRedirectKeysadded in the json document above. If you followed this example, should be: Sitecore
- Navigate to item
Once you have done this, you will find a new button that reads
Browse Sitecore DAM on any image field and a new icon on rich text editor fields:
When selecting images via the connector, it sets the field value to the selected public link of the asset.
Please let me know what you think and/or if you can spot any errors.